Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[COMMUNITY] Jewel Master
was just listening to the contra hard corps soundtrack you guys have on your youtube channel (which sounds awesome btw) and got to looking around and came across the forums here.

might you be able to give the game Jewel Master this remaster treatment? it's a fairly short game but it does have a great soundtrack. especially the ending theme:

there's also another game (demon's crest) but i dunno if you guys do snes (yet) and i'll save it for another thread some other time. great as that game is it remains largely untouched by romhackers and remixers alike. no idea why but, to me, it feels a bit abandoned in that regard.
(28-02-2020, 10:22 AM)treos Wrote: there's also another game (demon's crest) but i dunno if you guys do snes (yet) and i'll save it for another thread some other time. great as that game is it remains largely untouched by romhackers and remixers alike. no idea why but, to me, it feels a bit abandoned in that regard.

We don't do SNES soundtracks and, unfortunately, never will due to Nintendo's policies of being extremely hostile against anyone who touches their copyrighted material.
SEGA has been playing it cool so far so we're likely to release more SEGA related stuff, but Nintendo is a big no-no as of now.
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
ugh...i should figured as much with nintendo. doesn't surprise me to hear that though tbh... i mean, nintendo is likely the single most fan hating video game company there is after all.

fans try to do a fan game project or...pretty much anything a first party nintendo IP really...

nintendo: here's the C&D order you requested.

at this point it's a bit of a sad but true joke with nintendo related fan projects to ask "so, how long until you get your C&D order?" cause most of the time it will happen...eventually.

as for sega... they've actually been surprisingly pro-fan in recent years. even going so far as to have that official genesis emulator up on steam. thus embracing emulation whereas nintendo... i'm not sure if i've ever seen or heard such blatant hypocrisy anywhere else in the industry.

nintendo both profits from and criminalizes emulation of old video games while, in their corporate legal page which can be found on their website, embracing yet rejecting emulation at the same time. but uhhh...getting off topic, sorry. suffice it to say...with the mostly downfall of "EP" i really don't like nintendo in general anymore...they burned all bridges with me as far as i'm concerned.
The main issue with Nintendo here is that, say, we do a couple releases of Nintendo games and get a C&D: that's going to set a precedent which puts the entire project at risk and forces SEGA to take action as well, thus burning down 8 years of work so far.

The obvious consequence would be going underground: torrent sites, private trackers, website locked behind invites and so on. Something I'm not really looking forward to.

So, for now, we're going to just go down the SEGA route (and maybe PC-Engine? Don't know as I don't own one) and that will be it.

Sorry about that Sad
(02-03-2020, 03:12 PM)donluca Wrote: The main issue with Nintendo here is that, say, we do a couple releases of Nintendo games and get a C&D: that's going to set a precedent which puts the entire project at risk and forces SEGA to take action as well, thus burning down 8 years of work so far.

The obvious consequence would be going underground: torrent sites, private trackers, website locked behind invites and so on. Something I'm not really looking forward to.

So, for now, we're going to just go down the SEGA route (and maybe PC-Engine? Don't know as I don't own one) and that will be it.

Sorry about that Sad

nah, it's fine and i understand completely. i mean, that is the most likely outcome with nintendo after all. and there's plenty of games with great music on sega's side too. so, no worries.
Spoilers, this has been fulfilled by our community. Will be released next week.