Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos digital rip
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos digital rip
Now now... what's this, you may ask.

This is a game which is very dear to me and its soundtrack has a very special meaning for me.
Since I have my PC busted, I thought I'd do an exception to the rule and get a non-16bit soundtrack out. Of course this is just a one time exception to the rule, and for a couple of reasons.
This soundtrack exists only because there's no official soundtrack of this game and, most importantly, there are no complete lossless releases of this game available on the internet.

Bear in mind: this is not a "true" release.
Why?
Because it's a digital rip of the files which were present on the Playstation disc, there's no recording involved. Theoretically, this is something that anyone could have done with the same results as mine since it's just a matter of studying how the Playstation file format work and find a way to make a 1:1 rip of the music.
But no one did, so here it is. And you have the guarantee that it has been ripped properly, with ALL the tracks in the game included, with a nice cover art and properly tagged files. Which is a lot of work. 67 tracks. Ouch.

There are a lots of interesting things about this soundtrack, I wrote an extensive document you can read on the download page.

Anyway, here it is. Croc: Legend of the Gobbos.
Consider it my Christmas gift to all of you and a way to say sorry for the long inactivity period. I should be getting another old laptop to start again programming my flash cart and ripping new jams so keep an eye out on our website or social media.

I hope you'll enjoy this soundtrack and let me wish you all a Merry Christmas and happy new year!

(you can read the original article here: Croc: Legend of the Gobbos digital rip )
Ha! I'm partial to this soundtrack myself, even though a lot of it is kind of "meh". Some real catchy stuff in here.

I hope you saved yourself time and used the already ripped files here: http://psf.joshw.info/c/
they weren't tagged though, so that's appreciated.

Merry Xmas/Holidays/whatever you all celebrate!
Nope, I did it all myself and, you can trust me, tagging and putting 67 tracks in order was one hell of  a work. Never again.
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
This is awesome! Would you possibly mind doing an "unofficial" release of the Sonic CD soundtrack? I can't find a good quality rip anywhere, and it (especially the JP one) is so good! Love your work, man. Keep it up =)
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy."
(15-03-2016, 01:43 AM)drummerdave4689 Wrote: This is awesome! Would you possibly mind doing an "unofficial" release of the Sonic CD soundtrack? I can't find a good quality rip anywhere, and it (especially the JP one) is so good! Love your work, man. Keep it up =)

Sonic CD has an official soundtrack, go for it (either buy it or, well, get it elsewhere Wink ). Since the game has just PCM tracks you'll already be getting the best quality out of it.

http://vgmdb.net/album/29131
(15-03-2016, 02:40 AM)donluca Wrote:
(15-03-2016, 01:43 AM)drummerdave4689 Wrote: This is awesome! Would you possibly mind doing an "unofficial" release of the Sonic CD soundtrack? I can't find a good quality rip anywhere, and it (especially the JP one) is so good! Love your work, man. Keep it up =)

Sonic CD has an official soundtrack, go for it (either buy it or, well, get it elsewhere Wink ). Since the game has just PCM tracks you'll already be getting the best quality out of it.

http://vgmdb.net/album/29131

I had seen that before... But that's just the Japanese soundtrack, right? Is there a complete American soundtrack release ('Sonic Boom' compilation is sadly incomplete) available anywhere? Or better yet, one that compiles them both?

[EDIT: I just have to say, I'm relatively new to your work, but I really dig the "legit" factor of your releases. Whenever I'm looking for the definitive version of a classic game soundtrack, I always come check your collection first. Keep up the great work, guys. Where can I make a donation?]
That's a good question: I don't know if there are any legit versions of the US soundtrack of Sonic CD. All the Past songs are the same as the JP, the ones which are different are the Present and Future.

If you have the original Sonic CD disc, you could just slam it into any CD player and play them right away or rip with your favorite softwares on your PC.

I'll see if I can find anything; if I don't I might release the US Soundtrack one day.

About donations: your kind words and appreciation of our work are the best donations we could possibly aspire to. Smile
You guys are awesome. And I'll move this request to the request sub-forum to make it more concise Tongue
You can continue discussing here if you want, I've locked the other thread to avoid confusion.

"Digital rips" can't be requested because they don't make much sense unless there is no official soundtrack for it.

I still have to do some research and see if the US version has an OST.

If it doesn't I might do it, but bear in mind this is no request, and something I can do if and when I feel like.
We have loads of requests to fulfill and this is well below all of them.

Also, if I'll ever do this, to prevent unwanted conflicts/copyright infringement with the OST, I'll rip only the Present and Future tracks as the Past ones are the same from the Jap version which you can find in the OST.

I know this sounds awkward, but it's our policy:

No digital rips unless I feel like there's a REAL need for it (for example, an OST doesn't exist for it).