Poll: How should Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles be released?
This poll is closed.
Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles
18.18%
2 18.18%
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
63.64%
7 63.64%
Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles + tracklist + cover art
9.09%
1 9.09%
Sonic 3 & Knuckles + tracklist + cover arts
9.09%
1 9.09%
Software to meld them (bad idea)
0%
0 0%
Fuck you, release both (please no)
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DONE] Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles or Sonic 3 & Knuckles? Vote!
(for reference: http://16bap.theclassicgamer.net/next-release-things-wrong-project-far/ )

A quick rundown of the options:

Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles
Separate releases

Sonic 3 & Knuckles
One huge release

Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles + tracklist & cover art
Separate releases with a tracklist and cover art to convert it to Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Sonic 3 & Knuckles + tracklist & cover arts
One huge release with a tracklist and cover arts to split it into Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles

Software to meld them (tip: bad idea)
Separate releases with a small software to run to meld them into Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Fuck you, make both (please no)
Make both Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles *AND* Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Poll ends on 21st of May. The option with most votes win. You can vote for more than one option!
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
Just do Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Don't bother with multiple options. Plain and simple. One huge release for what is, after all, one huge game.

Think of it that way: if SEGA would have released an official soundtrack, it would've been S3&K because it was the intended way all along (hence the duplicate tracks).
I agree with the above, a big release makes the most sense.
I think any release would be fine. But please include the tracks that were exclusive to sonic 3 alone. If I remember correctly, a few tracks were not in sonic 3 & knuckles, only sonic 3. The title screen, invincibility, one-up, game complete, knuckle's theme, miniboss, and the staff roll. Did I make a mistake or miss any tracks?
(12-05-2017, 10:54 PM)rockman7777777 Wrote: I think any release would be fine. But please include the tracks that were exclusive to sonic 3 alone. If I remember correctly, a few tracks were not in sonic 3 & knuckles, only sonic 3. The title screen, invincibility, one-up, game complete, knuckle's theme, miniboss, and the staff roll. Did I make a mistake or miss any tracks?

No worries, it will be 100% complete.

Even if we're going to make one huge release with Sonic 3 & Knuckles, I'll record Sonic 3 first and Sonic & Knuckles second, discard all the tracks which are identical and then put them together, following play order.
I believe one huge release looks perfect here instead of doing multiple records for the same tracks.
Good luck bro ^^
(12-05-2017, 10:54 PM)rockman7777777 Wrote: I think any release would be fine. But please include the tracks that were exclusive to sonic 3 alone. If I remember correctly, a few tracks were not in sonic 3 & knuckles, only sonic 3. The title screen, invincibility, one-up, game complete, knuckle's theme, miniboss, and the staff roll. Did I make a mistake or miss any tracks?

Multiplayer tracks Smile
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy."
Voted S3&K. But also maybe the cover art could have some kind of a nod to the fact that they are in fact separate titles.
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy."
(15-05-2017, 08:02 PM)drummerdave4689 Wrote: Voted S3&K. But also maybe the cover art could have some kind of a nod to the fact that they are in fact separate titles.

Nice! I would have never thought about that, but that's a very cool concept, I'll try to elaborate something along with @Truepack 

Thanks for sharing your idea!
(15-05-2017, 08:02 PM)drummerdave4689 Wrote: Voted S3&K. But also maybe the cover art could have some kind of a nod to the fact that they are in fact separate titles.

Do you mean like a mixed cover art of both titles ? that's cool and I like it Smile