Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[EXAMPLE] Quackshot (UPDATED 2/08/2014)
PLEASE REMEMBER: TO EACH GAME ITS OWN THREAD. THREADS WITH MORE THAN ONE GAME REQUESTED WILL BE IGNORED AND, IF NOT FIXED WITHIN A WEEK, DELETED.

Tell us the complete name of the game!

Hi, I'd really love to see QuackShot starring Donald Duck released!

If you want, you can give us the cover art! This is not strictly necessary, but it will help other users recognizing the game and it will make the request thread nicer! Big Grin

Here's the cover art!

[Image: quackshot-jp-cover.jpg]

If you have special requests on the game, please let us know!

I'd like to find the XYZ jingle ripped in the release too, if possible!

Thanks!

About "jingles"

Jingles are tracks that last or loop for less than 12 seconds OR are "included" in other tracks (example: Sonic's invincibility theme is included in the End Credits track).

Generally we don't rip jingles but, obviously, there are exceptions:
  • If the game's soundtrack total length is reasonable, jingles might still make it in the release (example: Michael Jackson's Moonwalker Dance Attacks)
  • If the game only has a handful (I'd say max 3 but I'm quite flexible on that) they'll make it in the release (example: Contra: Hard Corps has 4)
  • If they are somehow "mixable" in the other tracks they'll get ripped as a part of another track (example: Rocket Knight Adventures has the level start and level complete jingles mixed down in the first level track because they blend perfectly)
  • If they are somewhat memorable or helped the game becoming successful or well known.

If none of these conditions are met, a user may directly request them to be ripped (max 3-4, again, I'm flexible on this) and they will get ripped but will be released separately in the release thread and will not make it in the "official release".

This is because the ripping process takes a lot of time and effort and quality check is a pain in the butt. If I have to make separate tracks and QC 10 jingles each game I'll just get crazy and eventually fed up with it and the quality of the releases will just go downhill - something I'm not really looking forward.

Also, please notice we don't make "OSTs".

We make "Releases" which are completely different and thus give us different options on which tracks to include and how.

Again, if you have particular requests about a game, just ask and we'll se what can be done (and what cannot)!