Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hello! I'm new here. I'm not specially good at English, but let's give it a try.

I'm audiophile and 16-bit games lover, so I felt I had to register here. I've been carefully listening to the Sonic 3D OST and what I have to say… Amazing job!

However, I found out there is a small detail about the incompleteness of a track I would like to remark; I think that the fixing of it would make completely perfect the work. Perhaps I should wait to my validation to post in order to post it in the "Suggestions" thread. Anyway, if not too much trouble, let me tell it first here.

The track "Green Grove Zone Act 2" is incomplete since the loop ends at 4:13 and not at 2:52, as it wrongly appears to be. Of course you can check that what I say is true by going to this Youtube video, which proves it:

The fixing of it would make me fully enjoy of this amazing job.

Thanks in advance! :wink:

<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body"><b>Quote from donluca on May 16, 2013, 14:56</b>

You're absolutely right, it lasts 4:15! Fixing that asap!<br /></div>
</div>

Glad to read this! I've re-checked the download link, but it's still the 3 minutes version. Is the fixed version elsewhere? Thanks in advance!
Oh, I'm almost sure I did that back then, I'm going to check it tomorrow. Maybe I fixed it and uploaded it but forgot to update the link!

Anyway, we're in the process of remastering most of the releases, so we'll take the chance and fix other small things here and there and make sure everything is perfect. Wink
Gosh, I can't find that track anymore, I guess I have to record it again and upload it.

I'll do it next week along with the new release.
Ok, I've re-recorded the track with incorrect length.

FLAC 96/24

FLAC

MP3

I've also updated the release download page.
Thank you donluca. I have one suggestion for you .. it would be great if you can put all the soundtrack in one link

(MP3.rar) (FLAC.rar) (FLAC 96/24.rar ) & if you can upload to MEGA because its faster than mediafire.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Quote from ninjacloud on November 24, 2014, 01:14

Thank you donluca. I have one suggestion for you .. it would be great if you can put all the soundtrack in one link

(MP3.rar) (FLAC.rar) (FLAC 96/24.rar ) & if you can upload to MEGA because its faster than mediafire.

If memory doesn't fail me, we discussed about this via mail before.

I'm ok with having mirrors on other services (that's it, we're going to always use Mediafire as it's a RELIABLE service and will always be our main distribution service along with torrents) but the problem is that we need someone to do this for us.

So far I believe you have been the only one to complain about speeds. Still you've brought up an important point.

I'll make a new post one of these days to see if there's anyone willing to keep a mirror up on MEGA (or whatever). If someone shows up then we're good, otherwise I'm sorry you'll have to stick with Mediafire and torrents.

Also, about the single tracks download... that's something which will gradually go away as we'll be remastering the soundtracks.

Many of them need fixing (Author, track names, etc...) and when we will remaster them, they're going to be uploaded in 250MB chunks like recent releases (which normally means only 1 file for both MP3 and FLAC and 3 to 6 chunks for hi-rez).

Know that I really care about the remasters (especially the very old Sonic Soundtracks, those MUST be updated!) so I hope to deliver soon!