Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media Usage Rights
Hey all
Recently I tried to burn the Streets of Rage 1 and 2 soundtrack on here to a CD-R, but I wasn't able to because according to Windows Media Player "The files are missing Media Usage Rights".  Basically for those of you unaware this is a form of DRM on music files, and it's a pain to get it off of them.  It's no problem when you're listening to the songs on your computer or on a phone, but it makes it so you can't burn any file with the DRM on it.  My car has a CD player but no aux input or cassette player, so I can't connect my phone/mp3 player, cds are my only option.  For the record this is the case with the FLAC versions of the songs, I haven't tried burning any of the MP3s or FLAC 96/24 on here, but I get the feeling they'll have the same problem.  If it's possible for the DRM to be removed that would be great, but assuming it's intentional, an explanation as to why it's there would be nice too.
The software you're using is the issue, you really want to make your life hard if you're using WMP to burn music on CDs in 2018 Big Grin  (no offense meant!)

Just to make this clear: our files never had and will never have any kind of DRM in them. You're free to do whatever you want with them, just let us know before you do and we'll 99,99999999% of the time give you permission!

I *stronglly* suggest you using modern software like CDBurnerXP: https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

Let me know how it goes and you need further assistance on the matter! Smile
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
(13-08-2018, 12:26 PM)donluca Wrote: The software you're using is the issue, you really want to make your life hard if you're using WMP to burn music on CDs in 2018 Big Grin  (no offense meant!)

Just to make this clear: our files never had and will never have any kind of DRM in them. You're free to do whatever you want with them, just let us know before you do and we'll 99,99999999% of the time give you permission!

I *stronglly* suggest you using modern software like CDBurnerXP: https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

Let me know how it goes and you need further assistance on the matter! Smile

Sorry for the late reply, been busy moving to college.  Happy to report that CDBurnerXP worked like a charm!  Really stupid that Windows Media Player won't burn music files just because it thinks there's drm when there clearly isn't.
Glad that worked out for you! Happy listening!
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici