Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New job and sad news :(
Hi everyone,

it's that time of the year again and those of you that have been following us during the last year already know that I usually make some kind of announcement at this time.

Well, this year it's kind of a happy and sad announcement as I got a new job as Chief Editor in an organization which aims at officially representing eSports in Italy, which means that my scarce free time is gonna get even more scarce as I'll have to split my time between concluding my studies at university and bearing the huge responsibility of managing a crucial aspect of our organization.

I know lot of you guys have been waiting hoping to see a new release this week but I've been studying and working all the damn day, from 8 a.m. straight to 3 a.m. in the night and I'm incredibly tired.

Making a release takes a lot of time (recording and QC take up to 8 hours depending on the soundtrack's length, sometimes even more!) and I'm not sure how I'm gonna do this.

I'll try taking advantage of the festivities to get some new release out because I know that when holidays end I won't have any time left. I hope to record a new one on the 26 or 27th of December and hopefully they'll be out a couple of days after.

That's pretty much it for now.

I just want to say that it's been a great year as we've reached what I think is the pinnacle of recording quality thanks to a new source and improved recording tools and software and nothing on the internet comes even close to both the accuracy and quality of our releases and that's incredible, to say the least.

I really hope I'll figure how to find time to record (and remaster!) other soundtracks so you guys can keep enjoying your favorite music.

This said, I want to wish all of you a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year full of joy and happiness.
Maybe you can mod an identical console and send it off to someone you trust to record releases for you? And teach them your process. Just an idea!
I already thought of that, I'd have to send everything (recording equipment too) and teach him the exact process.

That would definitely be a solution I'll keep in mind.

If I end up realizing that I just don't have the time to do this anymore this is probably our best shot at keeping the project alive.

<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body"><b>Quote from donluca on December 23, 2014, 17:28</b>...nothing on the internet comes even close to both the accuracy and quality of our releases and that's incredible, to say the least.</div>
</div>

Not true. The Iron Goat's console rips are of comparable quality, as I've pointed out before. No matter your opinion, it AT LEAST comes "close". Not to mention that he's done a lot more of them, and in a shorter time period, and for more systems, and doesn't skip jingles, and doesn't merge tracks together. I'd say he's the best, actually. But you guys were great too. You and Goat are the only console recording projects that I know about, and it's a bummer that you won't have time for yours anymore. Oh, well. Anyway, good luck with the new job, e.t.c..
First, congratulations for your job! We'll follow the news about this, please keep us updated.
Iron Goat hasn't posted anything since August. :/

<div class="bbcode_quote_body"><b>Quote from Yishai on December 25, 2014, 02:50</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body"><b>Quote from donluca on December 23, 2014, 17:28</b>...nothing on the internet comes even close to both the accuracy and quality of our releases and that's incredible, to say the least.</div>
</div>
Not true. The Iron Goat's console rips are of comparable quality, as I've pointed out before... I'd say he's the best, actually.</div>
</div>
Thanks for pointing that Iron Goat's project, I didn't knew it.

I've been comparing Alien 3 of both sources. Is true that Iron Goat's work is very good, but this site's files sound better. It may be just because DonLuca "repaired" his console's output stage, but low frecuencies and some details are more relevant.

About the jingle stuff, is just a matter of taste. Likewise, I'd like to have another loop in this or that track, but those deccisions go with the guy that takes his time doing the stuff.
Please let me know more about having more loops as it was an idea that I always had in my mind.

There are certain tracks that are shorter than 30 secs, would you like them being looped 3 times instead of two?

Your opinion matters!

<div class="bbcode_quote_body"><b>Quote from donluca on December 28, 2014, 15:57</b>

Please let me know more about having more loops as it was an idea that I always had in my mind.

There are certain tracks that are shorter than 30 secs, would you like them being looped 3 times instead of two?

Your opinion matters!</div>
</div>
I don't have access to my emulated collection, but as a rule of thumb:

- I aim for (around) 3 minutes long tracks, having a loop count limit of 3.

- Any track that is longer than 3 minutes with just 1 loop is kept as is: doesn't need more loops. There aren't many of these.

- Any track must be at least 1 minute. Tracks too repetitive (loop less than 10 secs) are treated like jingles: I don't convert them.

I'll take a closer look at the site collection and comment on some tracks that I'd like to see modified.
Nice, I generally tend to loop everything two times but I agree that some long tracks may become too boring since they last more than 2 minutes per loop.

I'll keep that in mind for new releases.