Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strider released!
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Click on the image to go to the download page[/caption]

Get ready for some more arcade action, as Richard Mixin is back with another huge release: Strider!

The Mega Drive was really blessed with many arcade ports, many of which held up really well and thanks to the MD's fantastic synth chip, the legendary Yamaha 2612, the music never let you down.

Happy listening!

(you can read the original article here: Strider released! )
One of the best VG soundtracks ever IMO. So off the wall. So many short tracks. It feels very different in-game, as so many of these are just snippets you hear for like 10 seconds. Such a crazy amount of detail and care went into artwork and music in Strider that sometimes lasts only seconds.
Indeed!

SEGA's deep roots into the arcade business really showed when arcade ports where concerned.
They wanted the arcade ports to feel good despite the limited capabilities of the Mega Drive compared to the arcade boards.

I still think that the Mega Drive is the console to go if you love arcade games. The Chiki Chiki Boys/Mega Twins soundtrack is spectacular as well, to the point where I may actually prefer it to the CPS1 original.
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
Thumbs Up 
(08-04-2020, 04:04 PM)donluca Wrote: The Chiki Chiki Boys/Mega Twins soundtrack is spectacular as well, to the point where I may actually prefer it to the CPS1 original.

I'll have to give that a play / listen - actually one of those games I'm not familiar with at all. 
Definitely give it a go, I have the original cartridge and I have played it to death. Beautiful game.

Also, I sent you a couple of PMs, not sure if you got them or the PM system is bugged.
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici