Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technical problems
Hi everyone,

The data disk on my main rig is failing and I absolutely need to replace it ASAP before I lose EVERYTHING (more than 1 terabyte of data is kinda hard to backup) due to a failure.

I've already ordered a new hard disk and it should be here next week.

As soon as I'll get it up and running I'll be recording a new release, so expect it to come out somewhere between this week and the next one!

Thank you all for your patience and stay tuned! Smile
Ouch. I hope this incident ends well. Take all the time you need.
Oh man, this sucks, I hope you keep everything. Data loss is so terrible! Good Luck! =)
Amazon says my Hard Disk should be here the 9th of June. SIgh.

I expected it to come earlier. Oh well...
Wow the hard disk arrived today... that was totally unexpected and I wasn't home Sad

Tomorrow I'll get it and set it up, hopefully everything will go well!
Seems to work the same as everywhere in the world. They tell you a date far in the future, with the possibility of it arriving earlier. And then it arrives much earlier. Congrats. Hope you got everything solved by now!
The disk cloning process is taking forever... I've estimated 35 hours for the entire terabyte and as of now 10 hours have already gone.

This damn sata-to-usb adapter is painstakingly slow. Sad
Remember your backup regimes people! Also from my experience be careful with SSDs. when normal hard drives go they often deteriorate for a while first, and you can usually get most of the data bailed out in the event they are going south. I've only had one SSD drive fail on me (so far) that was working fine one day and just wouldn't turn on again the next.

Quote:
Quote from tobio on June 11, 2014, 14:10

Remember your backup regimes people! Also from my experience be careful with SSDs. when normal hard drives go they often deteriorate for a while first, and you can usually get most of the data bailed out in the event they are going south. I've only had one SSD drive fail on me (so far) that was working fine one day and just wouldn't turn on again the next.

This.

Remember to ALWAYS store important data somewhere safe.

Today there are cheap-to-free cloud solution to have important data everywhere you go. So you don't have to worry about hard drive failures.