The Classic Boards
RYMCast: upcoming Genesis VGM Player inspired by the 16-bit Audiophile Project - Printable Version

+- The Classic Boards (https://forum.theclassicgamer.net)
+-- Forum: RYMCast (https://forum.theclassicgamer.net/Forum-RYMCast)
+--- Forum: General/Feedback (https://forum.theclassicgamer.net/Forum-General-Feedback)
+--- Thread: RYMCast: upcoming Genesis VGM Player inspired by the 16-bit Audiophile Project (/Thread-RYMCast-upcoming-Genesis-VGM-Player-inspired-by-the-16-bit-Audiophile-Project)

RYMCast: upcoming Genesis VGM Player inspired by the 16-bit Audiophile Project - mathieudemange - 27-10-2016

Hello all,

I'm delighted to announce the upcoming release of RYMCast, a brand new Genesis VGM player, and (hopefully) probably the best one.

But that's not the main reason of this post. I'm here to say that the 16-bit Audiophile Project has always been a treasure to me, a child of the Genesis who recorded his console's games soundtracks on tapes, and that recently, the 16-bit Audiophile Project played the role of an invaluable research companion. So for all this, I want to say a huge thank you.

Recently, I released the RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer as a Rack Extension for Reason, which is the result of very hard labour trying to write the most accurate emulation software for the YM2612. Its core audio renderer couldn't have been what it is now, if I hadn't had the 16-bit Audiophile Project records in my toolbox.

Now about RYMCast. Of course I could list what's unique about this new VGM player but instead, I think it could be more fun for you guys to just listen to it:

http://www.mathieudemange.fr/files/16bap_vs_RYMCast-SORII-Ready_Funk.flac

RYMCast will be released on November, 7th and will be available for free on Windows, macOS, GNU/Linux. Meanwhile, in the process of creating a nice presentation video, I'd like to compare extracts of recordings of the venerable 16-bit Audiophile Project to RYMCast's audio rendering, as a proof of its faithful sound. Of course, credits will be accordingly displayed on the video.

That's the reason of this post: I'm here to humbly ask if you'd allow me to.

Thanks again for your time.

Yours,

Mathieu

RE: RYMCast: upcoming Genesis VGM Player inspired by the 16-bit Audiophile Project - donluca - 27-10-2016

Hi Mathieu,

first, let's get the business part out of the way: you have both my permission and my blessing.

Second, onto more important matters:

When I created this project, I wanted to inspire people doing something great, something that would improve our experience in this hobby.
Music and games have always been my passion and I wanted to give people the best and most accurate recordings of the 16-bit consoles ever made. Ultimately, thanks to the incredible support showed and the fantastic feedback, I realized that we might be doing something more than just recording old videogame soundtracks: we're preserving them, we're making sure that they will never be lost or forgotten and if someone will ever be looking after them, they'll find them in our project.

This is AMAZING and I'm saddened by the fact that I have almost no free time to dedicate to this project, as it deserves way more attention.

I'm overwhelmed with joy looking at your project, as this is exactly what I've been looking for.

I can't wait to see RYMCast released and hearing it in action, if you need any help please let me know, we can set up a dedicated website at rymcast.theclassicgamer.net or just make a redirect to another website if you wish.

Best of luck with your project!

EDIT: we can make a new subforum entirely for RYMCast as well if needed!

RE: RYMCast: upcoming Genesis VGM Player inspired by the 16-bit Audiophile Project - dogman91 - 28-10-2016

Woah, that sounds great! From the sounds of it, definitely THE player to use if it comes out.

Are you planning to make a VST plugin version as well for other sequencers, by the way?

edit: you ought to post this over at Sega-16; I'm curious to know that they will think of this with their crystal-clear audio mods and such...

RE: RYMCast: upcoming Genesis VGM Player inspired by the 16-bit Audiophile Project - mathieudemange - 31-10-2016

Hi all,

@donluca: Words fail me! Thank you so much for your reply. This is the warmest welcome, ever Smile Right now, we're pushing it really hard to honor our planned deadline (next week). I'll PM you soon to see how we can join our forces Smile Thanks again. Means a lot to us.

@dogman91: RYMCast (the VGM player) will remain as a standalone multi-platform executable. The RYM2612 (the synth plugin) is currently only available as a Rack Extension for Reason, but we intend to make a VST/AU/RTAS (both x86/x64) version as well.

Yours,

Mathieu